The municipal office of the Town of Saint Andrews is looking to fill the permanent, full-time position of Accounting Clerk. Reporting to the Treasurer, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the basic accounting functions of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and assisting with month-end procedures.
- Receive and input approved payables.
- Issue payment on a timely basis consistent with the polices of the town.
- Attach appropriate back-up to ready for signing by appropriate personnel.
- File the paid documents.
- Reconciles vendor statements with our own accounting records
- Issue purchase orders considering the policies of the Town surrounding spending limit authorization.
- Assist town supervisors in their procurement activity.
- To notify the Treasurer of any breach in the policies of the Town procurement policy.
Billings & Receivables
- Prepare invoices in a timely manner from various departments.
- Ensure semi-annual water bills are produced by April 1 and October 1 unless otherwiseinstructed by the Treasurer or CAO.
- Post payments to receivables with 3 business days of receipt.
- Assist Treasurer in preparing collection letters, past due notices and shut off notices.
- On a daily basis, reconcile the incoming receipts with the accounts receivable sub-ledger.
- Ensure electronic payments into the town are posted and balanced daily.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll.
- Ensure statutory remittances are made in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper documentation is being received in regards to time cards, pay rates,employee information, the employee health plan, etc.
- Prepare proper documentation is being kept in regards to vacation time, over time, etc.
- Ensure Work Safe NB on-line reports are being made in accordance to their deadline.
Banking & Bank Reconciliation
- On a weekly basis, assist the treasurer in entering the weekly bank transactions from the on-line accounts.
- Flag the cheques as cleared in the accounting system, either manually or automatically through the accounting system.
- In the absence of the other administrative assistant, to assume the duties of receptionist.
- To assist in special projects assigned by the CAO or Treasurer.
- During the annual financial audit, to assist the audit team in retrieving informationpertinent to the audit.
- Post-secondary education with an emphasis in accounting.
- Prior bookkeeping/accounting clerk experience working in a small to medium size enterprise.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
- Highly organized and able to effectively prioritize duties.
- Effectively communicates via verbal and written communication.
- Friendly, courteous and professional when dealing with the public and fellow employees.
- Proficient in MS Office products Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and InternetExplorer.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and Microsoft Windows
- Understands and able to work with general accounting concepts
- This is a salaried position based on a 35 hour work week. The level of compensation will depend on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
- The Town of Saint Andrews offers a full benefits package including retirement savings, group health and dental benefits, earned sick pay and educational opportunities.
Please forward your resume and cover letter by August 10, 2018 expressing an interest in the position to:
or by mail/in-person to:
Chris Spear, Treasurer
Town of Saint Andrews
212 Water St,
Saint Andrews, NB E5B 1B4
The Town of Saint Andrews is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.