Hurricane Lee is expected to make landfall Saturday, September 16, 2023 and bring strong wind gusts of 90 to 100 kilometres per hour along the Bay of Fundy. Total rainfall amounts in the range of 50 to 100 plus millimetres are anticipated.
Get ready in advance of high winds and heavy rain by:
- Preparing for the risk of localized flooding, power outages, and storm surges.
- Preparing your property by trimming trees, securing loose items, and clearing gutters and storm drains.
- Putting together a 72-hour preparedness kit that will meet your needs and the needs of your family for at least three days.
- Residents who have a generator should ensure they have sufficient fuel and that it is in proper working order. Those who have a generator but have never used it are encouraged to read the instructions on how to operate safely.
Stay informed on the latest updates on the storm at:
For the latest updates on the Town of Saint Andrews please follow:
or on Facebook
For updates from the Province of New Brunswick and the Emergency Measures Organization follow
We are asking residents to avoid the following areas of the Town during the storm:
- Market Wharf and Market Square
- The Van Horne Trail System
- Indian Point
If you have an emergency for fire, ambulance or police please call 911.
If you see any issues with municipal infrastructure or stormwater systems please call Town Hall at 506 529 5120 and follow the prompts for the emergency line. Staff will be dispatched.
Print this page