Amended recovery levels
In the Orange level, subject to the Public Health and WorkSafeNB COVID-19 general guidance, the following apply:
- Single household bubble. A household bubble can be extended to caregivers or to an immediate family member requiring support.
- Essential travel only is recommended in and out of Orange level zones, however, people can continue to travel within the province for work, school, essential errands and medical appointments.
- Outdoor gatherings with physical distancing of 25 people or fewer are permitted.
- Faith venues can operate under a COVID-19 operational plan. In-person services are limited to 50 participants, or fewer depending upon the size of the facility, with two metres of physical distancing. Continuous mask wearing is required. No singing is permitted. Other indoor religious observances, funerals, celebrations of life, marriage ceremonies, receptions and social gatherings of more than 25 people are prohibited.
- Wearing face masks is mandatory in public spaces, both indoors and outdoors. Outdoor public spaces include parks, playgrounds, markets, festival sites, dog parks, and walking trails. A mask is not required while walking, jogging or cycling with people in the same bubble, where they are unlikely to come within two metres of people from outside their bubble.
- Non-urgent medical procedures and elective surgeries are allowed.
- Strict visitor restrictions are to be maintained in settings with vulnerable people.
- Primary care providers and regulated health professionals may operate but are urged to use virtual appointments whenever possible.
- Unregulated health professionals, barbers, hair stylists or spas may operate under a COVID-19 operational plan, with enhanced public health measures such as active screening of patrons, closed waiting rooms, and enhanced barriers.
- Daycares and K-12 schools are open under strict guidance. Virtual teaching is to be used for at-risk populations. Day camps are allowed.
- Post-secondary educational institutions may operate.
- Outdoor recreational activities are allowed, including campgrounds, ATV or snowmobile trails.
- Recreational and sport organizations may operate but are limited to practices and/or skills and drills within a single team.
- Gym, fitness facilities, and yoga studios may operate under a COVID-19 operational plan with additional public health measures, including:
o Two metres of physical distancing, with masks, in low-intensity fitness classes such as yoga, tai chi, and stretching; and three metres of physical distancing for high-intensity activities such as spin, aerobics and boot camp.
o active screening and record keeping of patrons.
o closed locker rooms/common areas.
- Entertainment venues such as casinos, amusement centres, bingo halls, arcades, cinemas and large live performance facilities may operate under a COVID-19 operational plan. The occupancy limit is set at 50 or fewer, depending upon the size of the venue and the ability to ensure two metres of physical distancing, with continuous mask use and record keeping.
- All other businesses, including food, beverage and retail, may operate under a COVID-19 operational plan. Distancing of two metres is required where food and beverages are served. Record keeping for seated venues is a requirement. Single household bubbles must be maintained. For example, people may not sit with people from another household at a restaurant.