Saint Andrews Blockhouse National Historic Site
- Working as a front-line ambassador for Parks Canada and the town of Saint Andrews.
- Greeting visitors and offering assistance in their language of choice.
- Conducting public tours of the facility.
- Knowledge of the artifacts, events and history of the site.
- Knowledge of the other national historic sites in the town.
- Knowledge of the Fundy tides including safety tips for visitors.
- Addressing public inquiries.
- Light maintenance around the site.
- Assisting the VIC Supervisor with tasks related to the collection and reporting of data.
- Accomplishing tasks assigned by the VIC Supervisor in a professional and timely manner.
- Wearing the assigned uniform including closed toed footwear.
- Attending and participating in staff training.
- Acting in a professional manner at all times.
- Promoting safe work practices by example.
- Not using personal technology during working hours.
- Notifying the VIC Supervisor of any emergencies occurring on the site in a timely manner.
- Submitting bi-weekly time sheets to the VIC supervisor.
- Being punctual and on time for scheduled shifts.
- Being honest and cooperative with co-workers thus contributing to a team spirit in the work place.
TERMS and CONDITIONS:
- Rate of pay is set at $______ per hour.
- Vacation pay (4% of pay) will be included in pay cheque.
- Pay day is bi-weekly and by automatic deposit.
- 40 hours per week.
- Some holiday and weekend shifts.
- Changes to the work schedule are at the discretion of the VIC Supervisor.
Print this page